Global Integration, Shared Prosperity, and Security
Many of the central challenges of our time are failures of global coordination against shared threats. No single organization can overcome them alone. Climate change, transnational crime, corruption, supply chain breakdowns, and pandemics are but a few examples. To master these challenges, our governments, enterprises, and financial institutions require shared global intelligence in order to coordinate efforts.
Better Global Commerce
Altana AI provides a shared artificial intelligence model of the global supply chain - without the pooling of sensitive data - to help make commerce safe, legal, inclusive, and resilient. We help governments, enterprises, and financial institutions to gain visibility across borders, manage risk, and improve global commerce.
We focus on value creation, not value capture. We align the interests of our customers, our partners, our company, and our teammates. These aren’t zero-sum relationships. We’re solving hard problems with multiple stakeholders in order to unlock significant value creation. We share information - rather than hoarding it - in order to enable informed, distributed decision making. We put the company and the team beyond individual credit.
We amaze our clients. We deliver products that exceed imagination and solve intractable problems. We go above and beyond to create value for our clients, to deliver on time, and surpass their expectations. We’re not satisfied with good enough; we aim to amaze.
We foster diversity and embrace difference. We believe that a diverse workforce enables greater creativity, performance, and adaptability. We actively foster diversity in gender, nationality, race, sexual orientation, experience, and perspective. We value difference. We care deeply about the needs, constraints, and perspectives of our customers, our teammates, and our partners, recognizing that they may be different from our assumptions about them.
We get things done. We think and act like owners. We hold ourselves accountable, take initiative, and accept responsibility. We value “first principles” thinking over process and hierarchy. We have a bias toward making decisions, even under conditions of uncertainty. It’s ok to be wrong and learn, and we’re happy to admit when we’re wrong; it’s not ok to be slow or stagnant. We strive toward excellence but embrace iteration and incremental progress on the way to excellence.
We embrace reality. We seek, surface, and communicate reality. Reality is our ally. We connect authentically with others, and are oriented toward truth. We are comfortable saying no, respectfully, and we stand up for what is right, even when it is difficult. We embrace, engage, and deal with the negative and uncomfortable, and have the hard conversations, appreciating that doing so is essential to growth, learning, alignment, and love.
Our TeamWorking together to build better global commerce.
We work closely with an active board of advisors that guides our strategy, product development, and business development. Our advisory board includes eminent leaders in international trade, law enforcement, logistics, network analysis, and risk management.
EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN OF ALTANA TRADE
- Former Commissioner of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency
- Former Chief Diplomatic Officer and Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Former Vice President of Interpol Americas
Khoo Boon Hui
- Former President of Interpol
- Former Senior Deputy Secretary of the Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs
- Vice Chairman of Covington & Burling LLP
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney General (Head of the Criminal Division of the US Justice Department)
- CEO and Co-Founder of Amadeus Capital Partners
- Director, Bank of England
- Investment Committee Member, Yale Corporation
- William D. Eberle Professor of Economics, Stanford University
- Eminent scholar on network analysis and data science applications in economic networks
- Senior Advisor at Squire, Patton, Boggs LLP, responsible for the firm’s insurance clientele
- Former executive at Marsh & McLennan and AIG
- Chief Security and Resiliency Officer of Boston Scientific
- Former Chief Security Officer of Starbucks
- Former Head of Strategy & Business Development of INTTRA
- Former Senior Executive at Ports America, Maersk, and UASC